Swarming bees stung three people multiple times in a motel in Phoenix and cause one of the injured to be sent to the hospital.
After being called out for reports of swarming bees, the Phoenix Fire Department accessed the lobby of a motel near Thomas Road and 48th Street in Phoenix, the fire department said on Wednesday.
Upon arrival, the fire department crews found three people that had been stung multiple times after a swarm of bees had become disturbed.
One of the three people, a 37-year-old man, required transportation in critical condition to the hospital for further evaluation and treatment, according to the statement.
The two other people were stung minimally and didn’t need to be sent to the emergency department, the fire department said.
The reason the bees became aggressive is still unknown, according to the department.
A beekeeper was en route to assess the bees and determine the necessary action, the department said.
Bee swarms: What you need to know to stay safe
If the swarm is in the way of people in a location that cannot be avoided, seek the help of an experienced professional to remove swarms, according to an article on the website of the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension.
“Only experienced and licensed staff, contracted pest management service providers, or beekeepers should tackle honey bees,” according to the UA Cooperative Extension.
Read or Share this story: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix-breaking/2021/04/07/swarming-bees-sting-people-motel-phoenix/7133246002/