What is a Silent Witness and how do you become one?
A Mesa man is facing charges after two young girls told police they were molested by a man in their neighborhood, according to court records.
Carlos Joseph McCain, 21, was arrested March 8 after police interviewed the girls, who said the man touched them and forced them to touch him, Mesa police said, in a probable cause statement submitted to the West Mesa Justice Court after the man’s arrest.
On March 7, the Department of Child Safety responded to a school in Mesa after a 10-year-old girl disclosed that a man who lived nearby molested her, court records said.
Court documents show that during the investigation, a second victim came forward, a 13-year-old girl, who said she also had been molested by the man.
The girls identified McCain as the man involved, according to records.
The second victim also said that McCain showed her pornographic images on a tablet and cell phone, according to a probable cause statement.
During questioning, McCain admitted to touching the second victim because she “wanted to know what it felt like.”
McCain was booked on two counts of sexual abuse and one count each of child molestation, sexual conduct with a minor and furnishing obscene material to a minor.
Read or Share this story: http://azc.cc/2GrZ0PY