Get details on restaurants cited by Maricopa County inspectors for four or more priority violations the week of April 24.
A priority violation is a major violation that directly contributes to increasing the risk of food-borne illness or injury. If listed in the reports, remedies implemented during inspections are included.
And see a sampling of the many restaurants graded as an A for no violations.
Dos Gringos Grille, 1958 S. Greenfield Road, Mesa.
- Open drink and bottles beverages placed in outdoor bar ice bins. Manager removed drinks, discarded ice.
- Chlorine sanitizer concentration in warewasher at zero. Chlorine restored to proper levels.
- Kitchen pans and slicer soiled. Manager removed, scrubbed and sanitized.
- Shredded chicken and refried beans held at improper temperature. Discarded.
- Shredded cheese, pico de gallo and salsa held at improper temperature. Cooler temperature adjusted.
- Hose garden with pressure washer attached to bar wall faucet. Garden hose pressure washer removed.
Lifestream at Thunderbird?, 13617 N. 55th Ave., Glendale.
- Raw ground beef and raw bacon stored above cooked meatballs and cooked roast beef. Raw ground beef stored above raw pork loin. Items rearranged.
- Sausage gravy held at improper temperature. Discarded.
- Fried chicken held at improper temperature. Discarded.
- Chicken salad and sour kraut expired. Discarded.
Black Bear Diner, 7700 S. Priest Drive, Suite 106, Tempe.
- Employee came inside, put on gloves and stacked clean dishes without washing hands. Employee washed hands.
- Raw sausage stored above salad mix and chopped lettuce. Sausage moved.
- Sour cream held at improper temperature. Discarded.
- Blue cheese expired. Discarded.
Sahuaros Cahuamanta, mobile food unit.
- Employee put on gloves without first washing hands. Employee washed hands before putting on a new pair of gloves.
- Employee grabbed tortillas with bare hands. Tortillas discarded.
- Carne asada held at improper temperature. Reheated.
- Pico de gallo, sliced tomatoes and cabbage held at improper temperature. Reheated.
Grade A restaurants
Segal’s New Place Kosher Foods, 4818 N. 7th St., Phoenix.
Romanellis, 3437 W. Dunlap Ave., Phoenix.
Tokyo Express, 4105 N. 51st Ave., Phoenix.
El Portal Restaurant, 117 W. Grant Ave., Phoenix.
Chili’s Grill & Bar, 34710 N. North Valley Parkway, Phoenix.
Stone & Vine Urban Italian, 1035 W. Queen Creek Road, Suite 103, Chandler.
Filiberto’s 1397 E. Williams Field Road, Gilbert.
Egg N’ Joe, 3131 S. Market St., Suite 101, Gilbert.
Crackers & Co. Cafe, 535 W. Iron Ave., Suite 131, Mesa.
Sushi Kikka, 5120 S. Rural Road, Tempe.
Nick’s Pizza Kitchen, 13910 N. Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd., Suite 2A, Scottsdale.
Five Guys Burgers and Fries, 15345 N. Scottsdale Road, Suite 100, Scottsdale.
Franco’s Italian Caffe, 4327 N. Scottsdale, Scottsdale.
Charley’s Philly Steaks, 7014 E. Camelback Road, Scottsdale.
Roka Akor, 7299 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale.
East Asian Bistro, 3145 N. Dysart Road 102, Avondale.
Nana & Tatas Desserts, 109 N. 4th St., Buckeye.
Long Wong’s, 5270 N. 59th Ave., Glendale.
China Grill, 7518 W. Thunderbird Road, Suite 3, Peoria.
Burger King, 12601 W. Bell Road, Surprise.
Source: Maricopa County Environmental Services
Read or Share this story: http://azc.cc/2rolcSu