A woman suffered burns to her legs on Tuesday when her electronic cigarette caught fire on her lap as she was driving, the Tempe Police Department said.
The incident occurred about 7 p.m. on Southern Avenue just west of McClintock Drive in Tempe, said Detective Lily Duran, a Tempe police spokeswoman.
The driver was leaving a private driveway when the e-cigarette caught fire on her lap, Duran said.
The woman jumped out of the truck she was driving, and the vehicle continued to move, hopping a curb and striking a tree, Duran said.
The driver was taken to a hospital with burns on her legs, Duran said.
No other vehicles or individuals were involved, Duran added.
Vaping warning: Doctors express concern about exploding e-cigarettes
Read or Share this story: http://azc.cc/2onY46p