Not surprisingly, Zack Greinke is at the top.
The pitcher is set to make almost $32 million. Only one MLB player is set to make more this season (Dodgers’ Clayton Kershaw).
The average annual salary of his contract is more than $34 million (his total contract is worth more than $200 million).
Yasmany Tomas is the D-Backs’ second highest paid player. His salary is $9.5 million this season.
Paul Goldschmidt is the team’s third-highest paid player. He is set to make $8.8 million this season.
LOOK BACK: What Diamondbacks players made last season
Outfielder A.J. Pollock and pitcher Shelby Miller, both currently on disabled lists, round out the team’s Top 5 highest paid players this season.
Pollock is set to make $6.75 million.
Miller is set to earn $4.7 million.
The Diamondbacks’ team salary for 2017 is at almost $91 million. That is ranked No. 24 in MLB.
POWER RANKINGS: Where the Diamondbacks stand
Top 10 Diamondbacks salaries for 2017:
- 1. Zack Greinke | Position: SP | 2017 salary: $31,876,966
- 2. Yasmany Tomas | OF | $9,500,000
- 3. Paul Goldschmidt | 1B | $8,833,333
- 4. A.J. Pollock | CF | $6,750,000
- 5. Shelby Miller | SP | $4,700,000
- 6. Patrick Corbin | RP | $3,950,000
- 7. Fernando Rodney | RP | $2,500,000
- 8. Chris Owings | SS | $2,300,000
- 9. Jorge De La Rosa | SP | $2,250,000
- 9. Taijuan Walker | SP | $2,250,000
To see the salaries for 2017 for all of the players on the Diamondbacks’ Opening Day roster and disabled list, click here.
For more from The Heat Index, go to heatindex.azcentral.com.
Follow Jeremy Cluff on Twitter.