Here are the top five things to do this weekend in Phoenix, June 8-11.
Summer vacation gives parents and children a chance to spend quality time together. In the Valley, one of the favorite summer pasttimes, especially as temperatures rise, is going to the movies.
Throughout the summer, Harkins Theatres locations will play family-friendly movie selections, at inexpensive rates, as part of their Summer Movie Fun program.
Many groups and families have made the movie program an annual tradition.
As part of the series rebate program, Harkins Theatres partners with schools to help them to raise funds. Schools receive rebates for selling tickets to the summer movie program.
“We started Summer Movie Fun in the ‘70s with the dual purpose of entertaining families and providing fundraising opportunities for schools in our local communities,” Dan Harkins, owner of Harkins Theatres, said in an email. “I am thrilled that 42 years later, the program has continued to flourish and we have helped raise millions of dollars for our local schools.”
During the movie program, which runs through Fri., Aug. 4, patrons can see weekly movies for just $7 for the full season pass.
Ticket packages are available at participating theaters.
Individual tickets are also sold for $2 per person on the day of the screenings on a first come, first serve basis.
The pricing is the same for adults and children, but adults must be accompanied by children to get into the screenings.
Along with savings on movies, families can purchase kids combos with popcorn, fruit snacks and a beverage for $5.50.
The series is open to children 13 and under and their parents or guardians.
Movies start at 9:45 a.m. each week, and doors open at 9 a.m.
Ticket packages must be purchased for the same day each week and the same theater location due to limited space.
Families can choose between Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday movie screenings.
The series is geared towards families, with selections that appeal to different age groups.
All of the movies shown are PG or G-rated.
June 5-June 9: “Trolls”
June 12-16: “The Secret Life of Pets”
June 19-23: “The Lego Batman Movie”
June 26-30: “The Angry Birds Movie”
July 3-7: “Norm of the North”
July 10-14: “Kung Fu Panda 3”
July 17-21: “Storks”
July 24-28: “Ice Age: Collision Course”
July 31-Aug. 4: “Rock Dog”
- Arizona Mills 25, 5000 S. Arizona Mills Circle, Tempe
- Arrowhead Fountains 18, 16046 N. Arrowhead Fountains Center Drive, Peoria
- Chandler Crossroads 12, 2980 E. Germann Road, Chandler
- Chandler Fashion Center 20, 3159 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler
- Christown 14, 1620 W. Montebello Ave., Phoenix
- Estrella Falls 16, 15010 W. McDowell Road, Goodyear
- Gateway Pavilions 18, 10250 W. McDowell Road, Avondale
- Metrocenter 12, 9615 N. Metro Parkway W., Phoenix
- Norterra 14, 2550 W. Happy Valley Road, Phoenix
- North Valley 16, 3420 E. Bell Road, Phoenix
- Park West 14, 9804 W. Northern Ave., Phoenix
- Queen Creek 14, 20481 E. Rittenhouse Road, Queen Creek
- SanTan Village 16, 2298 E. Williams Field Road, Gilbert
- Scottsdale 101 14, 7000 E. Mayo Blvd., Phoenix
- Shea 14, 7354 E. Shea Blvd., Scottsdale
- Superstition Springs Luxury 25, 6950 E. Superstition Springs Blvd., Mesa
- Tempe Marketplace 16, 2000 E. Rio Salado Parkway #1160, Tempe
Read or Share this story: http://azc.cc/2s0Pj6O